FP AAG Tryout – Mansfield, TX
Tournament DateMar 26 2023
Age Groups9U - 14U
All bats must have the required USSSA Stamp
The All American Tryouts have No Refunds, however we can transfer a participant into another tryout location free of charge.
Note: If you don't know which venue you'll be playing at and want to book in advance, click here to find hotels that are geographically centered between all venues.
|Big League Dreams-Mansfield||500 Heritage Parkway South, Mansfield, TX, 76063||Mar 26||Find Hotels|
TRYOUT EVENT INFO
Event Date: March 26th, 2023
Check-in Time: 4PM-5PM
Event Time: 5PM-9PM
Each tryout will look slightly different due to the location of the event (indoor/outdoor), however we will test the same metrics and skills sets at each tryout. Included below are the steps of the tryout:
- Have your picture taken in your All American shirt (which will be provided at check in) with your evaluation number attached to front of your shirt.
- Participants will warm up in a designated area before the tryout starts
- Participants will meet in center-field or a designated spot for a debriefing of the Showcase as well as a group tryout picture taken.
- Participants will break off to their assigned fields by age group after the debriefing.
- Metrics (5X10X5, 20/40, Overhand Velocity, Hit Exit Speed)
- Position Specific (players are able to get scored on a primary and secondary position ONLY) Pitchers and catchers will be the last testing stations. They will be given adequate time to warm up before their scores are taken. Pitchers will throw to the catchers attending the tryout. Both pitchers and catchers will be scored at the same time. Catchers will also get their pop-time taken at this time.
- Hitting (this will consist of hitting on the field with live front toss)
Please DO NOT leave this event until all these stages of the tryout has been completed!
About the All American Program
The USSSA All American Program was created in 2015 to increase individual opportunities for fastpitch players to showcase their skills and represent their Region in a National event.
Athletes ages 9 to 14 will be selected based on their evaluation scores to represent their Region in the All American Games hosted annually at USSSA Space Coast Complex in Viera, FL.
Each player will individually represent her region by wearing her regional jersey however we will have all regions represented on each team. All players within an age division will be pooled together, from there teams will be created equalizing teams based on player scores.
Registration can be done online at a discounted rate of $160 prior to the event (online registration will close three days before the event date or once we have filled to max capacity). Walk up registration may be available at the field for $200.
Registration will start 1 hour prior to the start time of the All American Tryout. There will be three steps to the registration process that will need to be completed before going to the field to warm up:
- Check in/Receive combine number (sticker for t-shirt)
- Receive tryout t-shirt
- Take picture with tryout t-shirt and combine number on. (number will need to be on the front of the t-shirt)
Continue to periodically check this event page for any possible updates. In the case of inclement weather, we will be emailing out information to the registered email address.
Arrive to the tryout event 1 hour prior to the tryout time to go through the check in process. An email will be sent our 2 days before the event with specific tryout details.
For more information on the All American Program (tryouts and games) please check out the FAQ page: https://aagfastpitch.usssa.com/fp-aag-regional-map/
Please be advised that your daughter will have plenty of time to warm up at the start of the tryout.
ALL pitchers/catchers will test at the end of the tryout and have adequate time to pitch before being tested.
We ask that if you take photos of the tryout to please tag us on our social media platforms!
Results will be posted 5-7 days after the conclusion of the event. An email will be sent out with the link to view your scores.
At the conclusion of each tryout, we will be identifying the top performers in each age group to be named as a “Direct Invite”. Direct Invites will be released once results are posted for that specific tryout event. All “Direct Invite” players will earn an automatic berth into the All American Games as well as a place on the “Direct Invite” team. The Direct Invite teams will play in a separate bracket within the All American Games.
All Direct Invites (grad year 2023-2028) will also receive an automatic invitation to the Select 30 National Training Camp. https://select30.usssa.com/
Each roster will be publicly announced on our USSSA All American Selection Show. Athletes and parents will not be notified prior to the airing of the Selection Show. Following the announcement, participants will be given 72 hours to accept a position on one of the regional USSSA All American Teams. An email will be sent out immediately following the selection show with All American Game registration information
In the event of inclement weather, we have a weather app that will help communicate to you the changes that are occurring in the event. You will be able to subscribe via an Android or iPhone App to receive all updates on your phone.
Log on to the website at www.RainoutLine.com or Download the RainoutLine App. Search: USSSA Fastpitch Tournaments-All American Tryout: Mansfield, TX
- Select the Tryout location you will be attending.
- Click on the star to keep us locking in as one of your favorites